What is composite bonding?
At Crown Court Clinic we are expert in composite bonding treatment, the quick, easy and cost-effective way to enhance your smile, by filling chips, fractures or gaps between teeth, or addressing discolouration.
What are the benefits of composite bonding?
- Will give you a new natural looking smile sooner. It can usually be carried out in a single visit so is a fast and effective way to fix minor cosmetic issues.
- Bonding is also a non-invasive procedure, as opposed to other treatments like crowns or veneers that involve part of the tooth being permanently removed.
- Composite bonding can be a cheaper alternative to crowns or veneers.
- It your bonded teeth are damaged or broken, they can easily be repaired.
How it works
Composite resin is bonded to a tooth and shaped to restore its original appearance. We match the colour of the resin to your tooth, so it will appear as though it is a natural part of the tooth.
We prepare your tooth for treatment by slightly roughening the surface and then coating it with a liquid to aid adhesion of the resin.
Resin will then be applied and moulded into the required shape. We harden it with a UV light before we shape it again and polish until it matches the rest of the tooth.
Caring for your composite bonded teeth
To keep your bond strong and avoid staining we recommend you:
- Avoid tea, coffee, smoking and food which may stain for 48 hours after having the procedure done.
- Brush your teeth often and see the hygienist regularly to maintain good oral health. This will help your composite bond stay clean and unstained.
- Avoid biting nails or chewing items such as pen lids, which may chip the material. Bonds aren’t as strong as a normal tooth so it’s important to take precautions to avoid damage.